With technical advancement comes great ethical responsibility.
Artificial Intelligence or simply called AI is intelligence demonstrated by machines. AI improves people’s lives and that the biggest impact will come when everyone can access it. AI is changing the way we look at the world. Self-driving cars, robots, machine learning are just some of AI’s applications.
Most researchers agree that AI is unlikely to exhibit human emotions like love or hate, and that there is no reason to expect AI to become intentionally benevolent or malevolent. Because AI has the potential to become more intelligent than any human, we have no surefire way of predicting how it will behave.
Here are some AI Technologies that already dominate 2018:
- it is the ability of a machine or program to identify words and phrases in spoken language and convert them to a machine-readable format. You talk to your computer, phone or device and it uses what you said as input to trigger some action. SIRI is one of the most famous speech recognition that was used by people.
- it is the technical term for body measurements and calculations. The technology is mainly used for identification and access control. Fingerprint recognition is the most used application of Biometrics not only in the gadgets sector but also in work, airports and many more.
Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- it is a branch of artificial intelligence that helps computers understand, interpret and manipulate human language. NLP is very important especially during travel. People can use NLP apps to better understand and learn languages form different languages as it translates language to another language. One good example of NLP is the Google Translate.
Robotic Processes Automation (RPA)
- it is the use of specialized computer programs, known as software robots, to automate and standardize repeatable business processes. RPA is considered to be one of the most automation tools as it enables business professionals to easily do their repetitive work routine. One example is the shipping notifications used by couriers.
Natural Language Generator
- NLG converts a data into text and writes information in human language. The primary advantage in using NLG is the ability of the app to convert the dataset into legible narratives understood by humans.