Twitter is launching its first official paid newsletter service with a new weather news offering called ‘Tomorrow’, which provides up-to-date weather information and insignia for a monthly fee.
‘Tomorrow’ will cost users $10 per month, giving subscribers the opportunity to ask meteorologists questions with a guaranteed response – essentially an expert voice to talk you through a storm. The service will also act as a community for both weather nerds and climate activists.
As per the Tomorrow website, will give subscribers:
- Ability to ask our team of meteorologists unlimited weather and climate questions with a guaranteed response
- A members-only weekly newsletter, with uncut interviews
- Early access to podcast episodes and original long-form journalism
- Discounts on Tomorrow merch and other members-only perks
- 1% of all member revenue will be used to support Environmental Justice organizations. The more members we have, the bigger the impact
The service hopes to create a paid community that both deliver information and acts as an activist force, according to Eric Holthaus.
The project will start with insights for 16 states, but Holthaus plans to expand his team over time to cover more regions, before eventually branching into other nations where Twitter usage is high, many of which don’t provide access to in-depth weather resources of this type.