MANILA, Philippines — In the Philippines, there are now 26 testing laboratories that are capable of detecting the SARS CoV-2; the coronavirus that causes the COVID-19.
The Department of Health (DOH) has approved the accreditation of the Jose B. Lingad Memorial Regional Hospital and the Eastern Visayas Regional Medical Center as an independent COVID-19 testing facility.
DOH said in a report released Sunday, May 10, “There is now a total of 26 licensed RT-PCR laboratories across the country while three and 29 are on Stage 4 and Stage 3 certification, respectively,”
The 26 COVID-19 testing centers are the following:
- Research Institute for Tropical Medicine
- San Lazaro Hospital
- UP National Institutes of Health
- Lung Center of the Philippines
- St. Luke’s Medical Center – QC
- The Medical City – Ortigas
- Victoriano Luna – AFRIMS
- Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory
- St. Luke’s Medical Center – BGC
- Makati Medical Center
- Philippine Red Cross
- Chinese Gen. Hospital
- Philippine Genome Center UP-Diliman
- Marikina Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory
- UP-PGH Molecular Laboratory
- Singapore Diagnostic, Inc.
- Baguio General Hospital and Medical Center CAR
- J B. Lingad Memorial Hospital III
- De La Salle University – Cavite IV-A
- Bicol Regional Diagnostic and Reference Laboratory V
- Western Visayas Medical Center VI
- Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center
- Cebu TB Reference Laboratory
- Eastern Visayas Regional Medical Center VIII
- Southern Philippines Medical Center XI
The government earlier said the country can now conduct 12,000 COVID-19 tests daily. It added that it is aiming to carry out 30,000 tests daily as it eyes to have a total of 78 COVID-19 testing centers by May 30.