A Company that is Reinventing global trade.
The company helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, they have raised over $300M from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo. With offices on three continents, their team is as global as their client base and they are excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
They are looking for a Warehouse Manager in the greater Shanghai/Ningbo area to set-up, design and launch a brand new state of the art consolidation center in Shanghai Yangshan Port (上海洋山港). Shanghai is a very strategic location for the company and by having their own new Warehouse in this area they will enhance control and visibility for their customers and give them an incredible experience shipping from China. The Shanghai Warehouse Manager will be a critical part to their Global Warehousing team, that is growing a global Warehousing Footprint for Air and LCL consolidation centers rapidly. These are exciting times!
What you’ll do:
Serve as the face of the company for their clients – you succeed when they do;
■ Prepare opening of Shanghai LCL consolidation center and transform into a model Hub functioning as a state of the art company’s example in the APAC region and globally
■ Ensure a best-suited location and complete a successful rental agreement
■ Engage with a strategic operating partner to execute the day to day operations in the Company’s Warehouse.
■ Select and Groom a Warehouse team to grow a best in class warehouse squad;
■ Drive process strategies and improvements for all warehouse operations and freight movements, leading to maximum growth and efficiency at the same time
■ Actively contribute to the definition of proprietary software requirement across the company’s warehouse network leading to a max technology-driven process with full data transparency – translate and implement locally;
■ Interact with global Warehouse community to share best practices and make the best use locally
■ Track and manage the warehouse P&L to ensure warehouse finances are accounted for and transparent
■ Manage and streamline Day 2 Day Operations of yet to open Company consolidation center
■ Plan warehouse daily volume handling as well as consolidation activity- organize for growth
– Day to day linehaul mgt to ensure maximum consolidation efficiency
■ Day to day management and engagement of own and partners’ workforce to improve and excel on agreed KPI’s (Efficiency, Security, Health & safety)
■ Ensure compliance with appropriate governmental regulations and company policies;
■ Work closely with the company’s global operations teams and serve as local escalation focal point for clients and partners;
- Actively contribute to the implementation of APAC operational expansion footprint to support the company and Airfreight business development in the region
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS Degree;
- 6 years of prior experience in Logistics, Warehousing, Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain or Consulting;
- Strategic thinking and ground floor execution – no job is too big or too small;
- Process oriented, structure thinker and strong problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills in English and Mandarin;
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- The desire to lead, train, and develop up and coming industry talent;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.